Patient Communication Policy
How the Clinic will contact you
Phone calls will be our primary method of contacting you Depending on the nature, sensitivity and importance of the message, we may attempt to reach you through the various phone numbers you have provided and in some cases we may attempt to reach you through you emergency contact. On your patient registration form you will be asked to mark which phone number you prefer to be reached at, please mark this accordingly. Should you require us to remove a phone number from our records please ask one of our receptionists upon your visit to the clinic. Please note in order to protect your privacy this must be done in-person.
At times we may be required to leave messages on your voicemail (such as appointment confirmations/reminders, the time and place of a specialist referral or to notify you to book a follow-up appointment). We will, however, leave only very general information on voicemail. Therefore, please ensure that you provide us with the most confidential phone number(s) that you have. On your patient registration form you will be asked to mark which phone number we may leave voicemails on. If one of your phone numbers is not to be used to leave any voicemail whatsoever due to confidentiality reasons, please ask us to remove this phone number from your chart.
WellOne Medical Centre offers patients the opportunity to communicate by email. Transmitting patient information poses several risks of which the patient should be aware. The patient should not agree to communicate with WellOne Medical Centre via email without understanding and accepting these risks.
WellOne Medical Centre will use reasonable means to protect the security and confidentiality of email information sent and received. However, because of the risks outlined above, WellOne Medical Centre cannot guarantee the security and confidentiality of email communication. Thus, patients must consent to the use of email for patient information.
Please review our "Authorization for Email Communication" below.
Please note: Even if you haven't completed our Authorization for Email Communication, if you email us, we'll infer that we have your consent to at least reply to your email correspondence by email as well
Please note: It is your responsibility to ensure that our clinic has your most up-to-date contact information, phone numbers, email address, and mailing address and that your voicemail is working. For more information on updating your contact information please refer to Updating Contact Information.
How You Should Contact Us
- I have a medical emergency ― Call your local Emergency Services at 9-1-1 or go to your nearest Emergency Department
- I have an urgent medical issue (that isn't an emergency) - please call our clinic to book a same-day appointment with your physician or a walk-in physician should your physician be unavailable.
- I would like to book an appointment – Please book an appointment online or call the clinic to book your appointment.
- I would like to reschedule, or cancel an appointment ― Rescheduling and cancelling appointments must be done through the phone. You must talk to a live person, such request will not be accepted through voicemail or email.
- I would like to ask for medical advice ― Please schedule an appointment with your physician. No medical advice will be provided through the phone or by e-mail.
- I would like my doctor to order specific tests (blood, imaging) ― Please schedule an appointment with your physician. Tests cannot be ordered without coming in for an appointment.
- I would like to renew a prescription without coming in for an appointment ― See Prescription Renewals Without Seeing Your Doctor
- I would like to advise the clinic of my updated “Contact information” ― See Report Updated Contact Information
- I would like to advise the clinic of my updated OHIP information ― See Report Updated OHIP Information
- I would like to register myself or a family member as a patient of the clinic ― See Patient Registration
- I would like to ask about an administrative issue such as (i) I would like to follow up on the date of a test or specialist appointment that the clinic is booking for me, (ii) I would like to follow up on my test results, (iii) I have a form that I need my doctor to fill out/I need a letter from my doctor, and I am not sure whether it requires me to come in for an appointment, (v) I need a sick note for work or for school ― Please call the clinic and talk to one of our receptionists.
- I have another query that does not fit into any of the categories above ― See Resources and FAQ on our website; if this doesn't answer your question, contact us.